• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Index help please! [SOLVED]

Hi

I have a problem here which im sure somebody will know the solution to:

http://i.imgur.com/WOgT9Hm.png

If you look at the image, amongst this table, there are different reference numbers. Two different letters get sent out amongst the same reference numbers - one in print and one in brail.

What i want to see, is what the last date that a letter was sent out for print, and for brail, but under a certain reference.

For example, i want to choose to look for reference A0002 want to know the last date that brail was sent out, and the last date that printed was sent out.

What I did was find the largest date amongst the table and returned its corresponding type and reference number, but I want to go back and start from the reference number, and work out what the last date was for brail and printed. I feel like i am nearly there but having a brain jam at the moment and cant work it out.

I then got this: =(INDEX($D$4:$D$28,(MATCH(G6,IF($B$4:$B$28=G7,$C$4:$C$28),0))))

This then returns the FIRST date rather than the last. How do I make it so that it picks up the last date?

Thanks

EJ.

Thanks, EJ

With your data in B4:C19 excluding headers, use following formula:

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(MAX((B4:B19="A00002")*(C4:C19="BRAIL")*(D4:D19)))

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Search for Maxif in the Google Custom Search box at the top right of this page

Thanks for your help guys, I found the solution thanks to Hui's pointing in the right direction - answer lied in Maxif.

Thank you very much!

Back