• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Import Text file and filter data as per date

prsnthkrishna

I have a text file with huge data saved in folder. I need to import that text file into excel and I need to filter only latest 3 months (current month and previous two months).
I have done record macro and made some changes in December. In this month, again I need to make changes like changing the month December as March. Every month I can't make changes. Can any one please help me how to fix these months without changing again and again.

Since the macro code is huge, i am not able to enter here. Please find two files in below link.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Prashanth

As an import text file VBA procedure needs few codelines, create at least a smaller sample text file to import​
- use for example Notepad++ to 'cut' the original text file -​
and according to this new sample text file create the expected result workbook, attach both files here …​

Hi Marc, The vba code for importing (Exclusion text file) is available in another text file. since the code is huge, i uploaded it in text format.

So in this case just activate the Macro Recorder and operate manually to filter the data to delete :​
you will get your own code base to amend your original VBA procedure …​

YEah., I did using macro recorder. And it is working fine.. But the problem is I need to change name of month manually every month. Because I need to extract data only for 3 months. Jan, Feb and March. Next month I need only for Feb, March and April. and so on..

Last edited by a moderator:
Without any crystal clear elaboration maybe :​
Code:
Sub Demo00()
    MsgBox Format(Date, "mmmm")
    MsgBox Format(DateAdd("m", -2, Date), "mmmm")
End Sub
Do you like it ? So thanks to click on bottom right Like !

Back