• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

I'm trying to make a Task Tracker but I am now stuck.

pudywardy

I used conditional formatting to highlight tasks that are near the due date, overdue, completed, and canceled but blank cells get formatted too. I also use formula on column L to determine the status of each task.
There should be no formatting when the cells are blank, I don't know what is wrong with the formula in L column.

Also on sheet!summary, on rows 14 and 15 the number of tasks finished should be reflected in each column but are not.

Need help.

P.S. sorry for my english

Attachments

• MJR 2020.xlsx
    207.6 KB · Views: 5
I used conditional formatting to highlight tasks that are near the due date, overdue, completed, and canceled but blank cells get formatted too. I also use formula on column L to determine the status of each task.
There should be no formatting when the cells are blank, I don't know what is wrong with the formula in L column.

Also on sheet!summary, on rows 14 and 15 the number of tasks finished should be reflected in each column but are not.

Need help.

P.S. sorry for my english
Your blank cells are getting formatted because your formula in column L fills open wherever the Actual Date Finished is blank
Try the following formula in column L
=IFS([@[Target Date]]="","",[@[CANCELLED?]]="CANCELLED","CANCELLED",[@[Actual Date Finished]]="","OPEN",[@[Target Date]]<[@[Actual Date Finished]],"LATE",[@[Actual Date Finished]]<=[@[Target Date]],"OK")

Your blank cells are getting formatted because your formula in column L fills open wherever the Actual Date Finished is blank
Try the following formula in column L
=IFS([@[Target Date]]="","",[@[CANCELLED?]]="CANCELLED","CANCELLED",[@[Actual Date Finished]]="","OPEN",[@[Target Date]]<[@[Actual Date Finished]],"LATE",[@[Actual Date Finished]]<=[@[Target Date]],"OK")
That did the trick, thank you very much.

I'm a bit confused on my second sheet !summary

Back