1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

If nested equation help

Discussion in 'Ask an Excel Question' started by MAH, May 16, 2018.

1. MAH

MAH New Member

I want to identify if a product was new in 2017 or 2018 as well as if the product was existing or has been removed.

To identify this I am using when the item was first sold. The equation I used was if(B5<Q4,"Exsisting"), if(B5="na",Delete),if(and(B5<=Q4, B5>=R4),"NPD 2017","",if(and(B5<=Q5, B5>=R5),"NPD 2018","")

A new product for 2017 should have a sales date greater than 15/05/2016 but equal to or less than 16/04/2017.
    A new product for 2018 should have a sales date greater than 17/04/2017 but greter than or equal to 15/04/2018.
    Exsisting is less than 15/05/2016
    Deleted equals na.

Attached Files:

2. NARAYANK991

NARAYANK991 Excel Ninja

Hi ,

See if this is correct.

Narayan

Attached Files:

3. MAH

MAH New Member

Thank you for that is there a way I get my answer in one column so I can have text saying what the product is?
  4. NARAYANK991

NARAYANK991 Excel Ninja

Hi ,

See if this is OK.

Narayan

Attached Files:

5. MAH

MAH New Member

That works
    Thank you so much for your help