• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

If Formula Required

Techtrend

HI Team

Details are mentioned in the attached document,
Need to filter stocks based on Signal change in C Col

Thanks in advance
Satish

Attachments

• FILTER-Zscore.xls
    30 KB · Views: 5
Hi to all,

Similar as LM solution but with normally entered:

=IFERROR(INDEX(A:A,AGGREGATE(15,6,1/($C$2:$C$100<>$F$2:$F$100)*ROW($C$2:$C$100),ROWS(C$2:C2))),"")

=IFERROR(INDEX(F:F,AGGREGATE(15,6,1/($C$2:$C$100<>$F$2:$F$100)*ROW($C$2:$C$100),ROWS(D$2:D2))),"")

Regards,

Hi Neeraj,

You can understand the logic with this too:
=AGGREGATE(15,6,1/(CriteriaColumn=Criteria)*Values,1)

15 = function number i.e. SMALL
6 = used for ignoring error values
CriteriaColumn = Specify your criteria range, for example A2:A10
Criteria = Specify your criteria, for example single cell B2 or "abc" or range B2:B10
Values = Specify value range
1 at the last is used as K parameter, it can be replaced with ROW(A1) or ROWS(A$1:A1) so that it can be incremented +1 by dragging down.

Above aggregate function and LM's SMALL(IF(.....ROW( array produces same results.

See this link for ROW & COLUMN function:
https://www.myonlinetraininghub.com/excel-rows-and-columns-functions

HTH,

@Luke: It's great!! Sir, could you please explain this formula
Hi Neeraj, I notice you are asking to explain formulas once and a while. A good place to start with the basics is the Excel help, and you can always use the formula evaluation tool. Look for it in formula auditing on the formulas ribbon.
upload_2018-2-10_10-55-30.png
It explains step by step how Excel calculates and it shows for each argument the intermediate result. In Luke's formula the underlined part is the starting point. Press evaluate to see the step result and repeat. Besides being a nice too to help you debug your own formulas, you can also use it to understand the logic on how the formula is actually working. The preview window might be too small when dealing with large arrays, but still, I find it rather useful.
upload_2018-2-10_10-56-28.png

Back