• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

IF AND VLOOKUP

Busymanjohn

Hey guys, this shouldn't be too difficult. I have two drop down lists, both are a list of order types, one for Manual (B9) and one for Remote (C9). I also have a country name in another cell (B6). I want to do a VLOOKUP based on the country ( B6 )and one of the order types ( B9 or C9 ). My formula (C13) is =IF(AND($B$6="Poland",C$9=1),VLOOKUP($B$9,CEEMA!$A$1:$R$8,3,0),""),,,, which works fine,

so the result is correct if C$9=1, but I want to do a separate VLOOKUP if C9 is not equal to 1 and that VLOOKUP to be VLOOKUP($C$9,CEEMA!$A$9:$R$18,3,0),, is this possible within the one formula ( would I be better using INDEX MATCH perhaps )?

From just what you've given, this would be the combined formula:

=IF(C$9<>1,VLOOKUP($C$9,CEEMA!$A$9:$R$18,3,0),IF($B$6="Poland",VLOOKUP($B$9,CEEMA!$A$1:$R$8,3,0),"B6 did not equal Poland"))

Thanks Luke, works well, I will be adding to the formula in the coming days, so will come back to you if it comes unstuck. Thanks again.

Back