• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Idle Time Message Box with Counter

dparteka

I’m looking for some ninja level help here… I have found bits and pieces of this on several sites but I have not been able to put it together. I have people loitering in a spreadsheet, basically they open it and keep it open for no good reason which prevents others from accessing it, so I’m looking to shame them into discontinuing this behavior. I have found code to auto close after a specified time but this I do not what because sometimes the workbook should be saved and sometimes not and I’m looking to have the user make that call. My idea is that after 15 minutes of idle time a message box appears that says “This workbook has been idle for…” the message box would include a counter that starts at 15 and counts up.

Thanks for looking and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Deepak... although your code is not influenced by idle time it can still serve the purpose, I just need to take a different approach, thanks again, I'm very appreciative.

Hello again Deepak... your code is still working perfectly and although that is great news it hasn't had the overall effect I was hoping for. The goal was to stop the loitering and for most using the spreadsheet this has worked but there are some that walk away from their desk for long periods not realizing they forgot to exit the file, so I'm hoping you could help out with an addition to the code. I want to play a sound that continually loops until the counter is reset from pressing the OK button from the pop-up message and then repeat the counter and sound looping process every 30 minutes. I've attached the file that has the code, this is how it’s currently being run.

Attachments

• Idle Counter.xlsm
    14.9 KB · Views: 3
Back