• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

I want to Analyze Productivity data for last 6 month

Maddy

Hi All,

Can somebody please help me to understand the data. I need to analyze the data in terms - what will be the gain in terms of productivity. what will be potential maximum and minimum benefits. Please help me to understand. I would really appreciate quick help on this.

Thanks,
Maddy

Attachments

• Productivity Variance Analysi.xlsx
    9.8 KB · Views: 9
I think you need to define the problem a bit better and indicate what it is you wish to calculate based upon what part of the data.
I have fitted straight lines through your productivity by quarter columns and returned the slope. The exact form of the formula depends on the version of Excel that you are using.
Code:
"Traditional Excel"
= SLOPE(G2:I2,{1,2,3})

"Excel 365 insider"
= BYROW(productivity,
     LAMBDA(empProdvty,
        SLOPE(empProdvty,qtr)
      )
  )

I think you need to define the problem a bit better and indicate what it is you wish to calculate based upon what part of the data.
I have fitted straight lines through your productivity by quarter columns and returned the slope. The exact form of the formula depends on the version of Excel that you are using.
Code:
"Traditional Excel"

"Excel 365 insider"
= BYROW(productivity,
     LAMBDA(empProdvty,
        SLOPE(empProdvty,qtr)
      )
  )
View attachment 77093
Hi Peter,

thank you so much for your response. can it be done by using any formula. Allow me sometime would share my requirement.

Its Quartile data .srry for mentioning as Q(quarter).

thanks Maddy.

Last edited:
Code:
"Traditional Excel"

"Excel 365 insider"
= BYROW(productivity,
     LAMBDA(empProdvty,
        SLOPE(empProdvty,qtr)
      )
  )
View attachment 77093
Hi Peter,

Based on this data I want to get maximum and minimum potential benefits from Productivity @ quartile 2 and quartile 3.
Productivity baseline = sum of workout / sum of core time.
Productivity at quartile 2 = total workout at Quartile 2 / core time and
Productivity at quartile 3 = total workout at Quartile 3 / core time and
and productivity variance

can you please help
thanks, Maddy

Last edited:
In response to your private conversation with me just recently, I looked at this yesterday and could not, for the life of me, understand what you want.
You will have to explain, as if to a baby (me in this case) what each column means and how you might go about manually working out what you want.
Which of the data in your attachment are raw data, and which is data you've calculated from it? (I can see that column G is a calculated column). If there are other calculated columns, it would help to know (a) which columns and (b) how you've calculated them (leave the formulae there?)
It might also help to understand what these data really represent; what do Workout, Core Time and Time Worked actually mean?
What is a quartile in the way you're using it? (It's usually 1 of 3 levels where a sorted list of numbers is split into 4 equal(ish) sets.) I can see that you might want to place each Emp ID into a particular quartile:
but I don't don't know what you might do with that, nor what 'total workout at Quartile 3' means.

Lots more information needed before I can do anything.

In response to your private conversation with me just recently, I looked at this yesterday and could not, for the life of me, understand what you want.
You will have to explain, as if to a baby (me in this case) what each column means and how you might go about manually working out what you want.
Which of the data in your attachment are raw data, and which is data you've calculated from it? (I can see that column G is a calculated column). If there are other calculated columns, it would help to know (a) which columns and (b) how you've calculated them (leave the formulae there?)
It might also help to understand what these data really represent; what do Workout, Core Time and Time Worked actually mean?
What is a quartile in the way you're using it? (It's usually 1 of 3 levels where a sorted list of numbers is split into 4 equal(ish) sets.) I can see that you might want to place each Emp ID into a particular quartile:
View attachment 77119
but I don't don't know what you might do with that, nor what 'total workout at Quartile 3' means.

Lots more information needed before I can do anything.
Hi p45cal,

i have attached sheet where on calculation part its mentioned how we got productivity at Quartile 2 and 3 and in same way workout at Quartile 2 and 3.

I want to show tenure wise like less than 6 months , <1 yr, >1&<2 and >2 yr . if workout @ is increasing does productivity at 2 or 3 also increasing or not..

workout is what total time spent and core time is what as expected on system from org.
hope this time have tried to make some sense.

thanks

Attachments

• Productivity Variance Analysi (Autosaved).xlsx
    11.7 KB · Views: 2
can someone help me to find a solution.

I want to show data in tenure wise like less than 6 months , <1 yr, >1&<2 and >2 yr .
if workout at quartile 2 and quartile 3 is increasing does productivity at quartile 2 and 3 is also increasing?
what is the variance between quartile 2 and 3 on workout

I would really appreciate if someone can help to resolve this, pls treat it as urgent requirement.

Back