• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

I love Excel. What jobs should I look for?

gsbkv10

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask for career advice here. I would really appreciate it if you guys read my post and share your opinion. :)
Please allow me to introduce myself briefly.
I love Excel and I'm addicted to it. I don't mind doing Excel all day long. I am so happy when I use the complex features of the application. I started to think about getting a job that requires me to do Excel all the time. It would be wonderful if a job is more than just entering data. But if that's a way to get my foot in the door, I'll take that. However, I don't know where to start. I have no experience in this field. I've been doing flooring after graduating high school. I never had a chance to go to college. I still can't afford to go to college. :(
What jobs that I should look for? Are there any credentials that I should get except college degrees?
Thanks for reading my post. Please help this poor floor layer. I look forward to your advice. :)

Hi ,

Are you in a position to get any certifications now ?

Microsoft offers certifications of Excel knowledge , at varying levels. Getting one or more of these might help.

You can find the relevant Excel exams in this list :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/learning/exam-list.aspx

Try for Excel 2010 certifications , if you cannot go in for Excel 2013.

Since your domain knowledge is in flooring , do you think you can put your knowledge of Excel to some use in this industry ? If you can develop something that will help industry professionals , you can even market it and make a living out of it.

Narayan

You might also start out by volunteering for a non-profit in their accounting department. You would gain valuable "documentable" work experience, good references and be in a good place to secure a paid position.

Back