• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

I have a list of references with different keywords. How do I organise them best with filters

alob0004

Hi there, I have complied a list of academic references which can fall into different categories including year, keywords (high density, resident satisfaction, medium density, city etc), country and so on. I would like to check how can I best organize them? My ultimate aim is to be able to filter references based on a specific keyword? Please note that each reference might fall under different keywords. For example one reference might fall under resident satisfaction and high density and so on. Many thanks

Convert your data range to a table
Ctrl+T
Then Insert Slicers
Select those fields that you want to filter on

Then enjoy

Hi Hui,
Cheers for the reply. I actually wanted to know how to best create a table where I have references listed as rows and then I have different columns with one representing year of publication, another country, another column for type of publication and another one for keywords. However, the keywords part is the tricky one as each reference might fall under two or more keywords. So is there an easy way of doing this?

I think you are assuming that I already have the references copy pasted into a table ready to be sliced? but my question is more about the step before this one.

Hope the screen shot explains it better?

Many thanks again

Tamara

Back