• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to use "Center Across Selection" for vertical cells

Ngoc Diep

I have found out about how to center horizontal cells without using "Merge and Center". I realized that it's absolutely useful but when trying to applying it in vertical cells, I can't find the same function in the Alignment Tab of Format Cells for vertical. Could anyone please share with me the way to do it?
Many thanks.

I really appreciate your help but I actually mean that whether there is other way to do the "DATE" cell like the way I did for "SUPPLIERS" cell instead of merging cells B4 & B5. As you can see from the enclosed file, I did the "SUPPLIERS" cell by using " Center Across Selection" for A3:E3.

Attachments

• Vertical-1.xlsx
    11.7 KB · Views: 49
Ok Ngoc Diep try this:-

Highlight the cells you want centered, then right click and select "Format Cells" then select the "Allignment" tab, select the drop down box for either Horizontal and select center had a select word wrap as well. I think that's the nearest you are going to get, if it is still not what you want you will need some VBA .

Tagging this thread to watch... AFAIK, there's no good way to do this. Would be interested if it's available in XL 2013, or in some future development.

Good day Luke M how's the little boss :p

I use 2013 and I have found no improvement in center across vertically, if you think about it center across horizontally would achieve this with the alignment options on the ribbon. Maybe that's why Microsoft has not spent too much time on it!

Hi bobhc!
Little guy is doing very well. Started being able to crawl, lift his head up.
Nothing lights up my day like coming home and seeing him smile when he sees me and recognizes me. :DD

Little guy is doing very well. Started being able to crawl, lift his head up.

A few months away from giving you the run around.....:)

Nothing lights up my day like coming home and seeing him smile when he sees me and recognizes me.

Smile nothing, what's going through is head is....ah the suckers home, let me see how I can wrap him around my little finger and get the sweets and chocolate from him and look all innocent when my mum comes in.....:DD

It turns out, based on tests that I have done that using "Merge & Center" on a set of Vertical Cells, so long as they are all in a single Column, do not cause the same problem as is encountered when "Merge & Center" is used on Multiple Columns.

Using "Merge & Center"(M&C) on a set of vertical cells, within a single column, allow for cells within that vertical M&C to be deleted without any error message. So there is no need for a "Center Across Selection" for a set of Vertical Cells -- So, go ahead and use the "Merge & Center" on Vertical Cells.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back