• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to update a (cube) slicer based on user input (VBA)

NJA

In my work I sometimes need to build dashboards based on pivot tables linked to cubes. To define common settings, like the last 12 months, I have been manually selecting them in a slicer called "slicerMonths".

Now I must to send the dashboard to managers, Excel-illiterate people that will only define the current month in a cell (ex: "November 2016", meaning the dashboard will show info from "November 2015" until "November 2016").

I have created a 13-cell area named "Last12m" where the months from Nov.2015 until Nov.2016 are shown. Is there a way with VBA to update the slicer selection with this information? -- all the examples I've seen so far were based on "regular" pivots, not cubes.

Many thanks.

Hui

Excel Ninja
Staff member
NJA

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

Can you upload a sample file ?

NJA

Hello Hui, it's nice to be here.

I have now included an example file.
I think you won't be able to see the slicer properly, as it is linked to a cube connection, but at least you can understand what I wanted to explain in my initial post.
Note: at work I'm still using Excel 2010...

Again, many thanks.

Attachments

NJA

Hi Chihiro,

I know it's my fault (I've never done VBA, just formulas), but I really need to see the code that would update this OLAP (cube) slicer in Excel 2010 based on the content of 13 cells (just like in the example.xlsm file) -- otherwise I get all sorts of errors that I cannot understand or correct.
Could you do me that favour?

Chihiro

Excel Ninja
Last edited: