• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to split multiple worksheets of data by column value and output to separate files?

Nickun

I have an Excel 2010 workbook (let's call it 'Master') with many worksheets, whatever name.
Each worksheet has data structured as shown below. One of the columns has an identifier, such as a supplier code. Both sheets on the Master are sorted on Column1_header.
Note: The actual structure is slightly different, in that Sheet2, Sheet3... contains additional columns, and different data and number of rows associated with each supplier code.

What I need is to split the Master into multiple separate Workbooks, such that:

• There is a separate output file (workbook) for each supplier code value.
  • The name of each output file contains the associated Supplier name (ex: 1.Superee_Content)
  • Each output file workbook replicates the structure of Master, i.e. has the same worksheets. Each worksheet has the same look and formatting as they do on the Master.
  • The worksheets on each separate output file contain ONLY the rows for the associated Suppliercode_header value (e.g. "Superee"). So file "Superee_data.xlsx" would contain Sheet1 with the rows for "Superee", and Sheet2 with however many rows associated with "Superee" on that sheet.....
  • Any formatting, such as column width, cell color, font size, etc. on the column headers on the Master are preserved in the split-up files, and (ideally) the column filter buttons.
I know it takes a VBA macro, but have novice VBA experience. I have an macro for splitting a single worksheet and copying some additional worksheets, but it only filtered one worksheet and I couldn't quite get it to do what I need here.

Here the file I need help and the file example after split.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ct9...ew?usp=sharing

Many thanks for your support!

Cross-post: https://www.excelforum.com/excel-pr...olumn-value-and-output-to-separate-files.html

Last edited:
As wild cross-posting is a poor practice so read this and this forum rules :​

As wild cross-posting is a poor practice so read this and this forum rules :​
I’m really sorry for cross-posting. I was just so impatient. I’m really need a help soon. How can I fix it? Do I delete this post?

Nickun ... there were few step of cross-posting ... including next:
  • Also if you have cross-posted and get an answer elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the answer here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting their time on your answered question.

Back