• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to share an excel file with power query to another user

Tica

Hi,

May I get the way of share an excel file that contain power queries to another users to enable others update the data?

OneDrive or SharePoint, but users would need to use the desktop app, not the browser interface, when using the file.

OneDrive or SharePoint, but users would need to use the desktop app, not the browser interface, when using the file.
Hi AliGW,

Thank you for your reply. But I am facing the problem of data source error as the query data source is from one of the workbook in the computer. Hence, the another users cant update the data in the workbook. May I get the solution on this matter?

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpeg
    Pic 1.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 3
It goes without saying (or it should!) that any files that are referenced also need to be on the shared drive.

Hi,

The data source for the excel power query file are from the worksheet in the same workbook. I have change the data source to the link of the excel file in onedrive but the power query still produces "DataSource.error: The downloaded data is HTML, which isn't the expected type. The URL may be wrong or you might not have provided the right credentials to the server."

I am not sure is the way I change the data source was correct or not. Hence, I would like to ask for your help to solve this issue.

Thank you!

Without seeing the data source and the Excel file containing the query, impossible to diagnose.

Back