• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to select and move a chart WITHOUT using a mouse

newvision

I teach computers to the Blind and Vision Impaired. I am using Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 with Office 2007 and 2010. Several of my students are taking classes in college and need to be able to do charting in Excel. How can I select a chart using keyboard command and then move the chart. Students hear what is on the screen by using screen readers like JAWS and Window Eyes.

Interesting question.

You can select charts from selection pane. This can be launched with keyboard sequence ALT+HFDP (Press ALT+H then leave alt and press FD then P) This is a toggle command, so if the selection pane is already visible, it gets hidden after this.

When selection pane is active, by default the first object (chart or shape) will be highlighted. You can select it by pressing enter or tab to move to other options or use arrow keys.

To move charts, you can select the underlying cells for the chart (for eg. if a chart is in range a1:f5, select all the cells in that range) and press CTRL+X and then move selection cursor to any other cell using arrow keys and paste - CTRL+V.

I wish there are easier methods to both options. But I do not know any better.

Back