• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to restrict a charts bar width?

DNY

I have a chart with slicer attached to it. When I filter the data with slicer, the chart bar width gets increased . (see 2nd chart)

How to restrict its width to original size even after the data is filtered with slicers?

upload_2019-2-7_14-40-54.png

Thanks, DNY

One way might be to:
build an intermediate table that uses the pivot data to show the filtered data and then you make the chart on that table. The values not selected should result in N/A so not to plot them on the chart.
Basically your number of series remains the same. Thus the width will not change on a slicer selection.

Thanks! but I have a dashboard with 5-6 such charts which has the same issue. I will then need to build more intermediate tables, any other trick?

This seems to work.
- Make a standard chart and set data series references to the appropriate pivot range

Attached a simple example.

Some things to consider, don't use grand totals, fix your axes, and perhaps some more stuff I'm not thinking about right now.

Attachments

• Chart Q.xlsx
    22.9 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: DNY
Back