• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to repair a corrupted ms excel file

Status
Not open for further replies.

scattered

There is an Excel file contains about 50 pages with formulas and links. It contains tables with formatting. One day when you start the file does not open writes that the Office has performed a touch and will be closed after the restart offers to restore the file. then recovers : I see all pages in the formulas but not fully tables and formatting . Tried to open a file Open Offic'om opens the file. Save it to another location as xls. I try to open Excelem the same error.
As I wrote above in Openoffice I open it without problems. Can save to ods can resave to xls. But then Excelem can open. although in Openoffice the resaved file is opened. I can do it in Openoffice but you need to take the file in xls. Excel is not broken that's for sure. Checked on different computers on 2003 and 2007.

There are many differences between Excel and Open Office just altering the file extension does not mean one will work with a different set of trousers on.

A corrupt excel spreadsheet can be repaired by using Open and Repair technique. It is a built-in repair function that opens a corrupt excel file forcefully.
*OpenMS Excel >pressCtrl+O >locate corrupt excel spreadsheet and select it.
*Click on the arrow shown besideOpenbutton>selectOpen and Repair.
It will take just a few seconds to be completed and selected file will be opened, if possible.

Maybe the information shared in this article can help you - http://wordpress.semnaitik.com/repair-excel-file/

You can try few manual tricks to repair Excel file. Microsoft Excel program has few built-in features which you can use here. You can find the complete information in the above article. Or if you're looking for 3rd party tool, then make sure you download the free demo version first. By using the demo version, you can check the preview of your data which you can actually recover. And if you're satisfied with the results, then only you should purchase the software.

Thanks.

I have tried following methods to recover data from corrupt excel file. You can also try out for solving your query regarding recovery of corrupted ms excel file:

Recovery of the data from an opened workbook
  • If you face problems while functioning in an Excel file, you can select to return to the past saved account of the Excel file. For this:
  • Press on File. Choose Open.
  • Double press on the title of the workbook (the one that is opened)
  • Press Yes to renew it.
  • The excel sheet will now exist. Please remember that you will not have latest alterations in the newly opened text.

Apart of this if you want to know other ways of manual fixes to recover corrupt excel file check the following post:
source:
http://www.repairmsexcel.com/blog/open-corrupted-excel-file-without-backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back