• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

how to highlight countries from one list in 4 other columns? address analysis

MikeTE

hello,

I'm looking for help with analysing addresses.

I have very messy list and my aim is to highlight every cell in columns A B C & D which contains country from list in column F.
I tried conditional formatting but it works only on one country at a time. is there better way to do it?

please help

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 9
Will you please attach a sample Excel workbook? We are not able to work with or manipulate a picture of one and nobody wants to have to recreate your data from scratch.

1. Make sure that your sample data are REPRESENTATIVE of your real data. The use of unrepresentative data is very frustrating and can lead to long delays in reaching a solution.

2. Make sure that your desired results are also shown (mock up the results manually).

3. Make sure that all confidential data is removed or replaced with dummy data first (e.g. names, addresses, E-mails, etc.).

4. Try to avoid using merged cells as they cause lots of problems.

Please pay particular attention to point 2 (above): without an idea of your intended outcomes, it is often very difficult to offer appropriate advice.

hi,

here's the example for one country, i'm trying to do it for the entire list

Attachments

• Book3.xlsx
    24.9 KB · Views: 5
See conditional formatting in attached.
Also the CF formula is in cell I2, just fyi, it's not needed.

Attachments

• Chandooo42795Book3.xlsx
    19.3 KB · Views: 6
Back