• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to get Now() to stop when you put a date in another cell

shabz256

Hi,

I am creating a spreadsheet for equipment on hire. In cell "A" i will be putting the date in when the equipment goes on hire , in colum "B" i will be using the =now() formula to constantly change the date automatically. In column "C" is will use Datedif formula to calculate the number of days the equipment has been on hire. My problem is that in column "d" when the equipment finally returns i want to stop column "C" to stop counting the days any further. can this be done or do i need to use a different set of formuals. In column "E" i will have the price of hire so far so once the equipment is off hire i do not want the price to carry on being calculated because cell "e" will count the number of days which are in cell "c" x by the daily rental amount in "£"'s. please help

I also need the spread sheet to calculate the amount owed for hire every 30 45 days depending on the customer. if a payment has been made then i want that to be substrated from what is still owed. this will help me keep an eye on any aged debtors. Please help

Hi, shabz256!

I'd recommend you to read the three first green sticky topics at this forums main page. There you'll find general guidelines about how this site and community operates (introducing yourself, posting files, netiquette rules, and so on).

Among them you're prompted to perform searches within this site before posting, because maybe your question had been answered yet.

Feel free to play with different keywords so as to be led thru a wide variety of articles and posts, and if you don't find anything that solves your problem or guides you towards a solution, well, come back here, tell us what you've done, consider uploading a sample file as recommended, and somebody surely will read your post and help you.

And about your question...

In column B you can try this: =IF(ISBLANK(D2),TODAY(),D2)

So it'll stop counting days in C2 when you enter the return date in D2. Is that what you were asking for that cell?

As Montrey posted, consider uploading a full sample workbook with all worksheet structure (customers, products, ...).

Regards!

Back