• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to get data from a choose menu option table from webpage into excel?

Excel amateur

I am an excel amatuer user and am learning online on various functions. I am
trying to build a simple dashboard on stocks from a local stock webpage. However, i am not able to get data from a menu select option from this webpage to make daily price trend of stocks. The webpage has the menu option to select stocks and table is displayed for particular stock over past days. That table is availabe under « equity> menu > stocks > table data.
I have used other means but this equity stock data could not be imported.
This is the weblink: https://www.rsebl.org.bt/?fbclid=IwAR0gkKQ3KWz3syqwODgFKCQipN9W3JM6pTZ3Hj6zfirXTgIE-WCGdZKo_6E

Please help in getting all the stocks data from this equity menu option soo that daily trends could be ploted.

Hi,

Do we need to register on this site ? Because I am unable to find equity menu option.

Thanks
Saurabh

Attachments

• equityMenuOption.PNG
    equityMenuOption.PNG
    229.3 KB · Views: 2
Hello Saurabh,

I found the website kind of twisted, and had to scroll down all the way till there is a Equity drop down menu ,where you choose the company shares.I wanted to grab these company shares price data and plot a price trend in excel by getting these data. Other tables in this webpage works fine but these company shares prices are placed underneath the equity drop down menu,making it hard to get the data unless for copy paste function.Hope there is a way to get these datas by any other workaround function / method.

Many thanks and Happy New Year .

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a publicly open webpage and no need for registrations. The equity drop down is placed way below the webpage( scroll way down till you reach the bottom of webpage.

Hi,

Is the attached images are the same you are talking about?

Do you need the data for each equity shares showing in drop down ?

Thanks,
Saurabh

Attachments

• eQuityDetails.PNG
    eQuityDetails.PNG
    58.9 KB · Views: 5
  • eQuityOption.PNG
    eQuityOption.PNG
    22.3 KB · Views: 4
Hello Saurabh,
Yes, the company shares data as given in your screenshot.I was not able to import these data by excel or sheets with functions.Thought there could be other methods to import these data into excel other than copy paste which would be tiresome.
Please help. I need these individual share price data to plot trends and built my excel portvfolio dashboard.
Many thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back