• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

HOW TO GET COMPUTER DATE FORMAT AND IF THAT IS NOT IN DD-MM-YYYY THE DON'T ALLOW TO OPEN THE EXCEL FILE

PRABHAKAR9020

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am having an excel file named "PS-1111", in which there is sheet named as "MDB" which is my data base sheet.
In this sheet MDB, there is column-G, in which i have to entered the date.
I have made the column-G setting as Date format along with data validation rule so that people may enter the date in DD-MM-YYYY format only.

However, different person computer have different date setting format (like MM-DD-YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD etc) due to which they are getting confused, how to enter the date in this excel file.
Therefore, i want help from the forum on following points.

1. I want a vba code which check the computer date setting format and if it is in DD-MM-YYYY then it allow to open the excel file else if it gives message that "Your Computer Date format is not in DD-MM-YYYY. Kindly change the system date format for opening this excel file".

2. i want a vba code which change the computer date format as DD-MM-YYYY when they get message that their computer date format is not in DD-MM-YYYY.

Note: I will be highly appreciating if the code language would be simple as i am just beginner of VBA coding.

Thanking You
Prabhakar

Attachments

• PS-1111.xlsm
    372.2 KB · Views: 6
Back