• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to generate the election result from google spreadsheet data.....

sujyo

Hello all excel Guru I need your help...

Thanks in advance. I am new to excel. I know some formulas about numbers but do not know how to work with names. I have created a google FORM (for our group's general election) and send to all our group members via email for their vote. I am getting all the vote data (candidate's Name) via email from our member into google spreadsheet. My spreadsheet column's headings are as follows...

A/B/C.....O

Timestamp/President/Vise President/Secretary#1/Secretary # 2/Spfld Area Member#1/Spfld Area Member#2/Spfld Area Member # 3/Spfld Area Member # 4/St. Robert Area Member # 1/St. Robert Area Member # 2/St. Robert Area Member # 3/St. Robert Area Member # 4/Your First Name And Last Name/Your Email

Note:- This is not a big worksheet. There is no numeric value I will receive. The FORM I sent to our member is the same type as above with the fillable text box. Only they need to type the name of the person who they want to vote for each post. So I will receive only names of the candidate who they vote for into my above spreadsheet's rows.

How do I get the final result of the each post and ...

(1) How many Votes received for each post and candidate..

(2) How is the final winer for each post...

(3) Presentation Chart the final result...

Thanks again.....

You can use pivot tables in situations like this. Just import the google form results in to excel. Now, select all the data and insert a pivot table (from insert ribbon).

Then, drag the president to both row and value area of pivot table. You will see how many votes each person received.

Repeat the same steps for other positions.

See this for a tutorial of pivot tables - http://chandoo.org/wp/2009/08/19/excel-pivot-tables-tutorial/

Back