• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to find incident which has changed multiple priority during his life-cycle

Ratish

Hi Team,

I have been brainstorming this from past couple of months. I work in reporting team and during month end I pull all incident report which has changed priority from P1-P2-P3-P4, P2-P3-P4 or P3 to P4. Currently, I am performing it manually (4000+ count). Below is the sample excel where I would highlight in a different color if priority changes from P1-P2-P3-P4, P2-P3-P4 or P3 to P4. Attached is the Spreadsheet.

So basically I want to check column A, if it has more than 2 similar value it should check the final priority in column B based on Column C's updated Date and time and it should return value as P1-P2-P3-P4, P2-P3-P4 or P3 to P4 in Column D. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Priority Change-Sample.xlsx
    17.9 KB · Views: 10
Hi ,

Can you upload your workbook with some manual entries of what the output will be ?

Can you post what the outputs should be in the following cases ?

1. IMA201552

2. IMA271976

3. IMA282017

4. IMA282021

5. IMA282027

Secondly , will the data always be sorted on columns A and C ?

Narayan

On sheet 2, Column B, the output should be priority3-Priority4 if the incidents priority got changed from priority3-Priority4. So the Sheet 1 has data which shows the raw incident data in column A in descending format column B has priority change. So have taken column A data to the sheet to Column A and removed Duplicate values. Now as an output I want to match Sheet 2 Column A with Sheet 1 Column A wrt to Sheet 1 Column B and get the result in Sheet 2 column B. Output can be P1-P2-P3-P4, P2-P3-P4 or P3 to P4.

Hi ,

My questions have not yet been answered ; no manual output has been provided.

I am sorry but I cannot help.

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Sorry, I missed that part, the manual output file is attached.

Sheet 1 is Raw data and sheet 2 has manual output

Regards
Ratish

Attachments

• Priority Change-Sample.xlsx
    13.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi ,

Thanks for uploading a revised file.

Can you explain how IMA201552 is shown with an output of No Change , while IMA260547 is shown with an output of P3 - P4 ?

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Thank you so much, it worked as I wanted to be.

I know I am asking for more now. Is it possible to get which all priorities a ticket has gone? For e.g. If a Ticket has gone to multiple priorities is it possible to how something like P4-P3-P4 or P1-P2-P1 or P1-P2-P3-P4.

Regards
Ratish

Back