• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to Find Formula From Protected Sheet ?

sadasivan

Hi Dear
Please find the attachment and let me know any way to find Formula From Protected Sheet ?How to Find formula.png

Attachments

• Formula findings.xlsx
    14.8 KB · Views: 41
Hi,

With the sheet unprotected select your formulas and right click, format cells and on the protection tab un-check 'Hidden'. The formula will now be visible when you protect the sheet again.

Hi sadasivan,
I think its not possible to see hidden formulas in protected sheets.

I am sure one of our Ninja will confirm.

Ok
but my case is different . actually I dont know the the password
this is a sample file i upload as referene
Hi,

I'm fairly new here so am not aware of the rules regarding telling you how to remove the password. It's easy to do and I'll go and read the forum rules and if it's allowed; and nobody else has, I'll tell you how to do it.

There is a way to do that...however, It is a good idea to ask the password from who ever has protected the file...then make the changes as required...not really sure, if we can share the way it can be done...

HI,

Do you want to view all the formulas in the protected worksheet.
Formula Tab<Show Formulas.
This will display all the formulas even when the worksheet is protected.
You can only view the formula, you will not be able to copy the formula.

HI,

Do you want to view all the formulas in the protected worksheet.
Formula Tab<Show Formulas.
This will display all the formulas even when the worksheet is protected.
You can only view the formula, you will not be able to copy the formula.
I doubt bro...because it never works for me...:(

@ Khalid NGO.

I am using excel 2010 & both option work for me.
Formula Tab<Show Formulas. (short key Ctrl+~). I am able to view the formula, but unable to copy them as they are protected.

@NARAYANK991 - I agree what is written in the above link...Yes, indeed we can see the formula if the hidden property of the cell is unchecked...however, it will not work if all the cells are hidden and protected...unless used some external source to break the password.......and as per the question -- sheet is protected and the cell property is hidden..(thatz what i understood and was trying to find out)...please correct me if i am wrong

@ Khalid NGO.

I am using excel 2010 & both option work for me.
Formula Tab<Show Formulas. (short key Ctrl+~). I am able to view the formula, but unable to copy them as they are protected.
Thanks brother for update.
It wasn't working at my end as m using 2007.

@NARAYANK991 - I agree what is written in the above link...Yes, indeed we can see the formula if the hidden property of the cell is unchecked...however, it will not work if all the cells are hidden and protected...unless used some external source to break the password.......and as per the question -- sheet is protected and the cell property is hidden..(thatz what i understood and was trying to find out)...please correct me if i am wrong
Hi Asheesh ,

My post was only to highlight the reason why Srinidhi was able to see the worksheet formulae whereas you and Khalid could not.

I was not making any reference to the OP , and my post was specifically addressed to you and Khalid.

Narayan

Back