• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

how to find employees join and exit months

GVN KUMAR

Employees in our government office are transferred every year. New employees are also coming to our office on transfer

We assess the income tax with each employee's salary on a monthly basis.

But those who are transferred have to give Form 16 for all the months.

We will take salary details in the old office for those who come on transfer.

The fact that the employee did not write down the salary for that month in the file means that he has been transferred. How do I know in which month he was transferred?

In that file, if the employee writes the salary from any other month, it is as if he came on transfer from that floor. As if he had joined in any month.

The month in which the employee is transferred
As the employee came here any month

Can you give me some advice on writing this kind of formula?

Note
Some employees work for a few months and take vacations and then go back to work as they do not need sir.

Attachments

• OLD DATA CONSOLIDATION.xlsx
    152.1 KB · Views: 21
This formula you have written has saved us a lot of time. We are very grateful for this.

We have recently used the Match Index as an alternative to vlookup.

We hope to learn more from this answer you wrote.

I learned xls Advanced Education this portal. I learned a lot. The intellectuals like you who are learning here are solving our problems.

I have sincerely learned that this problem can be solved so easily with this formula.

I have learned but thought with all of our knowledge, intelligence, way of thinking, ways of problem-solving. But we could not solve the problem

I asked this question 2 times. So far this problem has been solved.

Thank you very much

But I have a doubt, we also need to be as knowledgeable as you are what we need to learn.

Sorry for wasting your precious time.

@GVN KUMAR Sorry but no one is obliged to assist you, you're not paying anyone , you've made a request, you can discern that your attachment has 6 views means 6 people have downloaded yr file to try and assist you but to no avail. I find it a bit crass for you to write in caps and demand you be helped. You were not ignored. There are times when I post and no solution is found, but , hey , that's ok too, when people are volunteering.
I do request for solution, and I do get solution, mind you. And I'm grateful and show likes. I would like to pay up as well for they used their time but you know how it is in wages when you're from third world countries, But never do I write in caps as you wrote. A bit of decorum is needed here.

sorry sir

unfortunately, Mistake made in a hurry

Our small mistake is a testament to you observational power

Try,

1] M2:

=LOOKUP(1,0/B2:K2,B$1:K$1)

2] N2:

=INDEX(B$1:K$1,INDEX(MATCH(1,B2:K2^0,),))

Or,

One single formula, in M2 enter formula and copied to N2 :

=INDEX($B$1:$K$1,AGGREGATE(15-(COLUMN(A$1)=1),6,COLUMN($A1:$J1)/($B2:$K2>0),1))

all copied down

Last edited:
thank you sir

very useful sir

Thank you very much

With the solution to our problem, we can increase the knowledge in Xls Sir

Back