• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

how to extract narration from combined data in a cell

I need a formula that extract from b column
In order not to repeat the answer, please give us more example data to cover all of your requirements.

Then,

We shall give you a single formula reply based on your revised data sheet.

and,

What is your Excel version you are using?

Thank you.

i am using ms office 2016
we received bank statement from bank in that every transaction is in a single line including date. i am using text to columns function to separate date and using some other formulas to extract transaction amount but i am unable to extract narration part as mentioned in the h column

So a better way is to directly import the data via Power Query (Get & Transform) or a VBA procedure whatever …​

i am using ms office 2016
we received bank statement from bank in that every transaction is in a single line including date. i am using text to columns function to separate date and using some other formulas to extract transaction amount but i am unable to extract narration part as mentioned in the h column
You did not reply to my 1st question,

So,

Did your 1st file is your final format without further addition or revision?

Regards

that is the final one
Try,

1] Define 3 Names as in:
  • Name: Particular
  • Refers to: =$B2

• Name: RemoveTransactionAmt
  • Refers to: =MID(Particular,2,MATCH(2,1/(CODE(MID(Particular,ROW($1:$99),1))>96))-1)

• Name: RemoveTransactionName
  • Refers to: =MID(RemoveTransactionAmt,MATCH(TRUE,ABS(CODE(MID(RemoveTransactionAmt,ROW($1:$99),1))-77.5)<13,)-1,99)
Then

'2] In "Result" I2, formula copied down:

=MID(RemoveTransactionName,FIND(" ",RemoveTransactionName)+1,99)

Attachments

• narration extract (BY).xlsx
    14 KB · Views: 7
Back