• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to create a 'stair-step' formula to populate 'child(ren)' data 1 column to the right and 1+ rows below the 'parent' data

Hello,

I manage Learning Paths and Courses. Learning Paths are a group of one or more Courses. Attached is a file with four worksheets:
1) RESULTS worksheet: shows exactly how I want the data to appear on the RPT worksheet. It is straight text, no formulas
2) RPT worksheet: this is the destination worksheet and it shows what's not working. The formulas are populated the data from the PT worksheet.
3) PT worksheet: this is a pivot table created off the DATA worksheet and acts as the data source for the RPT worksheet.
4) DATA worksheet: this is the raw data

In a stair-step fashion, how do I create a report where B2 = Learning Path 101 and C3, C4, C5 show the three courses within this Learning Path. I can't figure out how to get Index/Match to work when the data is not aligned in the same row. I've been at this for hours and needs some help.

Thank you for your consideration!

Attachments

• Parent_Child_Formula.xlsx
    176.6 KB · Views: 5
Not sure, but...
What if you simply repeat your pivot item labels?

Attachments

• Copy of Parent_Child_Formula.xlsx
    183.5 KB · Views: 2
Yes, I thought about doing that. I just like the 'look' of the RESULTS worksheet. It's easier to read. I appreciate your suggestion!

Back