• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to copy data from one sheet to another

Mohammed1796

Hi! I am a noob in Excel VBA and Macros and i have an urgent task for automating data transfer from 1 sheet to another. I have a list of jobs quoted in my company and i want to copy specific rows based on colors of red, yellow and green to their corresponding sheet colors. So like if i color the sheet red it will automatically transfer to the red sheet.

PLEASE I NEED HELP IN THIS. DO FIND ATTACHED SHEET FOR REFERENCE.

Attachments

• Test Sheet for Inquiries.xlsx
    29.5 KB · Views: 3
Mohammed1796
Were You so urgent that You missed to explain, where are those colors, which name to which sheet something would go automatic?
... and all sheets are now 'white' ... hmm?

Hi! Sorry posted the wrong sheet. What i want to do as per the revised attached sheet is that i have formatted the rows based on -
  1. Orders Received - Green Cell Style
  2. Orders Lost - Red Cell Style
  3. Orders In Discussion - Yellow Cell Style
Now in my master sheet of Inquiries Quoted, whenever I input data based on the cell style the-row has to automatically copy to its corresponding cell style sheet. Please any queries do let me know. I am in a time crunch here!

Attachments

• Test Sheet for Inquiries.xlsx
    34.5 KB · Views: 4
Mohammed1796
As Your wrote, but ... okay?
This would be more 'friendly'-version.

Attachments

• Test Sheet for Inquiries.xlsb
    35.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi! I tried running the Macro but it is not working! If possible can you place like command buttons for different status's on the Master sheet. Once i click the button corresponding to the status the data gets copied. This should happen to new data entries as well when i add them.

Thank you very much for your Kind Support!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):DD:DD:DD:DD:DD

Mohammed1796
Did You test the my more 'friendly'-version?
Why now three buttons? ... then it won't work as You wrote! (= whenever I input data )
... seems that, You would sit and think few more seconds, what do You really would like to get ...

Hi i am testing your version but whenever i add rows for more data the copied data on the sheets are getting duplicated. If possible can you give me a tutorial of your version as i am not able to figure out. If u can help me in understanding the way it works i wont be needing the button style. :DD

Mohammed1796
You skipped my question.
You need that answer - without it, there seems to be more questions ...
You continue writing ... hmm?
Do You try to change Your thread or what?
Did You sit and think few more seconds?
>> I gotta do more questions

Yeah OK final request please humbly request you to provide me a tutorial for your friendly sheet as the button method is not efficient. Please guide me as to how to add new rows in the table for new data entry so as when i format the new entries they get copied accordingly to their respective sheets without duplicating the existing data.

Thank you very much SIR!!!:)

It has been brought to our attention that the same query has been posted on one or more other forums​
and you have not provided the required cross-post link(s) here.​
Please see the forum rules below about cross-posting and adjust accordingly.​
Read this to understand why we (and other sites like us) consider this to be important.​

Back