1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to clear immediate window without using SendKeys

Discussion in 'VBA Macros' started by polarisking, May 15, 2018 at 7:17 PM.

1. polarisking

polarisking Member

Has anyone seen a clever way to do this without
    • Using SendKeys (whose unpredictable behavior is legend)
    • Establishing references to libraries
    • Authoring massive lines of complex code
    Still shaking my head that such a straightforward process is so under served.

Thank you in advance.
  2. Hui

Hui Excel Ninja Staff Member

Click in the Immediate window
    Ctrl+A
    Delete
  3. polarisking

polarisking Member

Hui, I suspect I wasn't clear about my request (unless you're pulling my leg :)). I want to do it using VBA, for example calling a little subroutine at the top of the procedure to clean out whatever debug.print messages have been left behind from prior runs.

Make sense?
  4. Hui

5. polarisking

polarisking Member

a genuine thanks for the link, Hui. I came across this same post earlier and that's why bullet 3 in the original post was
    • Authoring massive lines of complex code
    Perhaps some things are meant to be, but it just seems to make little sense that the VBA editor would provide a feedback loop (immediate window) and no automated way to erase its contents.

Again, thank you for your responses.
  6. Hui

Writing code in to work in the VBE isn’t simple
  7. Debaser

Debaser Active Member

As a kludge you can simply write a couple of hundred blank lines to it. Otherwise, it will require APIs or a 3rd party add-in like MZ Tools.