1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to calculate actual time spent at desk

Discussion in 'Ask an Excel Question' started by ThrottleWorks, Dec 6, 2017.

1. ThrottleWorks

ThrottleWorks Excel Ninja

Hi,

Please refer attached file for more details. Can anyone please help me in this.
    I am not trying to write how to calculate interval, get their sum for each user.

Attached Files:

2. Nightlytic

Nightlytic Member

Hey ThrottleWorks, see the attached , it's probably a different format than you were hoping but you can definitely structure it somehow more presentable. I only added the formulae in U:Y and results table starting in AC

Attached Files:

ThrottleWorks likes this.
  3. pecoflyer

pecoflyer Active Member

This seems to work for Virenadr =MOD(-SUMPRODUCT((J3:J12="in")*(K3:K12))+SUMPRODUCT((J3:J12="out")*(K3:K12)),1)*24
    Format as number
    ThrottleWorks likes this.
  4. ThrottleWorks

Hi @Nightlytic thanks for the help. Am checking this. Please allow me some to revert. Have a nice day ahead. :)
  5. ThrottleWorks

Hi @pecoflyer thanks for the help. As mentioned by you, it is working for one player. I guess, it does not work for multiple players in same column. Have a nice day ahead. :)
  6. John Jairo V

John Jairo V Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

7. ThrottleWorks

Hi @John Jairo V thanks a lot for the help. Have a nice day ahead. :)
  8. ThrottleWorks

Hi @John Jairo V , @Nightlytic , @pecoflyer my apologies for uploading wrong sample data. I did one mistake while creating dummy data.

Usually there will 'x' number of in and 'x+1' number of out in real data.
    And this is the most important condition. Due to this omission by me, solutions provided are not able to work.

Once again really sorry for goof-up. I won't say please give me updated solution as you have already invested your time on my issue. But I thought I should reply with my feedback.

Attached Files:

9. John Jairo V

John Jairo V Well-Known Member

Hi, again!

Check file with new instructions. Blessings!

Attached Files:

10. ThrottleWorks

Hi @John Jairo V thanks a lot for the help. I am checking this and will revert with details. Have a nice day ahead. :)