• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to break VBA password

sdsurzh

Hi,

I have created a sheet with macro but, I have forgot the VBA Password. Now, how i will edit or modify the Macro codes.

Thanks,

Suresh Kumar S

Suresh

Have a read of: http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/lost-password

This trick will usually work:

A VBA project password can be removed with a hex editor. Close the workbook and open the workbook file in the hex editor. Find the string "DPB" and change it to "DPx". Save the file. Open the workbook and click OK until the workbook is open (one or more dialogs are displayed describing various problems with the VBA project). Press ALT+F11, choose the menu command Tools->VBAProject Properties, navigate to the Protection tab, and change the password but do not remove it (note the new password). Save, close, and re-open the workbook. Press ALT+F11 and enter the new password. Choose Tools->VBAProject Properties, navigate to the Protection tab, and remove the password. Save the workbook.

Hi Luke,

I am wondering what is mean of below higlighted things from your above updates.

A VBA project password can be removed with a " hex editor."

Close the workbook and "open the workbook file in the hex editor."

" Find the string "DPB" and change it to "DPx". Save the file."

Can you please explain me or assit me on the same.

A hex editor is any program that is able to open up another file and look at the hexadecimal base code used by computers. There are many available online, some free. A quick google search should find some. I don't personally endorse any for liability reasons.

WARNING: Hex editors are very powerful, and can corrupt files. SAVE SAVE SAVE before using!

Once you have the program installed, you typically open the Hex editor and choose what file you want to open. Within XL 2003 code, there is a "DPB" string which controls the VBA password. This is what you modify to break the code.

Back