• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to apply one filter to multiple rows while rows have headings and sub-heading

Fadil

I have an issue with an excel sheet hoping that someone will be able to help. I have a sheet that has table with different sub-projects that have headings and sub-headings but I need to be able to do multiple filtering. Meaning, I want to filter what are all activities that suppose to be completed in the next two weeks, so I need to be able to put this criteria in one place and then each sub-project to filter accordingly thus not losing the headers.
I am attaching my spreadsheet and any suggestions will be welcomed.

Thank you very much

Attachments

• WBS Sections of Non-Complete Activities - Copy.xlsx
    55.4 KB · Views: 6
In the attached is a button near cell H1.
It puts letters in column F: h if it's a header (it uses the presence of a fill in the cell), x if column E is within the next two weeks. If a row is a header AND the date is in the next two weeks the corresponding cell will have an x. Now just filter on column F for h or x.
The two weeks is determined by the 14 (days) in the code:
If x <= (Date + 14)…

Attachments

• Chandoo41719WBS Sections of Non-Complete Activities.xlsm
    66 KB · Views: 3
In the attached is a button near cell H1.
It puts letters in column F: h if it's a header (it uses the presence of a fill in the cell), x if column E is within the next two weeks. If a row is a header AND the date is in the next two weeks the corresponding cell will have an x. Now just filter on column F for h or x.
The two weeks is determined by the 14 (days) in the code:
If x <= (Date + 14)…

Thank you very much for taking your time to do this. The button helps a lot.
I'm able to filter for dates and keep the headers intact

Best regards,
Fadil

Fadil
How have You marked/named those other, 'by Excel-way', rows which You would like to filter?

I have not done any marking, I guess I should have specified which one's are the headers instead just posting the file and assuming everyone would know what the headers would be. But p45cal was able to help and that solved my issue

Thanks a lot

Back