• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to add multiple look up columns in INDEX MATCH

Melissa29

Hi

My name is Melissa Fernandes. I stumbled on this site while researching excel formulas..can see some great tips that can really help me in my work.

I am trying to add lookup columns in INDEX MATCH formula in cell E67. I have inherited this file so just trying to add more. This Driver ID AUSCHO005 is appearing in lookup column I in tab 'Traccess' but not reading it. I have uploaded the file with both tabs here.

Can someone please assist.

Attachments

• Forum question.xlsx
    129.4 KB · Views: 5
Sorry Nebu.my first time so might have not explained completely:

So I need the formula to first look for the driver ID in columns F or G or H or I or J or K in tab 'Traccess' and once it finds the driver ID, then give me the corresponding values in Columns AP, AQ & AS. Hence Index Match is ideal. Index Match worked and searched in Columns F,G & H but when I tried to add Columns I,J & K in the match criteria, it breaks.

Thanks
Melissa

Hi:

Sorry, not sure which tab you want the formula to be, and in your BLK Driver tab you have "lookups" from other worksheets as well. Could you explain a bit more on what you want?

Note:
There are multiple ways to lookup values Index-Match is just one of them and your index match is not very dynamic, if you have add more drivers to the list it will become difficult to handle all the "iferror" conditions you are giving in your match formula.

Thanks

Back