• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How do I quickly change the height of many rows at once?

xarzu

How do I quickly change the height of many rows at once? It is easy to do this one row at a time by dragging and dropping the indicator on the left side of the display. But I think this can be done with lots of rows all at once but I forget how I did this before.

select all the rows
and then right click - row height and enter the row height you wan t

I usually drag 1 row and get and idea of the height i need and then i right click row height and it gives me the height that has been set
say it height say its 23.2
I may set that to 25
and then select all the other rows and right click row height set that to 25

xarzu
Please reread Forum Rules
Ps. Same kind of rules are in everywhere.
  • Cross-Posting. Generally, it is considered poor practice to cross post. That is to post the same question on several forums in the hope of getting a response quicker.
  • If you do cross-post, please put that in your post.
  • Also if you have cross-posted and get an Solution elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the Solution here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting their time on your answered question.

To quickly change the height of multiple rows at once in Excel, you can do the following:
  1. Select the rows that you want to adjust the height for. You can do this by clicking and dragging your mouse over the row numbers on the left-hand side of the screen, or by clicking on the first row and holding down the "Shift" key while clicking on the last row.
  2. Hover your cursor over one of the row dividers (the small line between the row numbers) until it changes to a double-sided arrow.
  3. Click and drag the row divider up or down to adjust the height of the selected rows.
  4. Once you've adjusted the height to your desired size, release the mouse button.
This will adjust the height of all the selected rows at once. You can also use this same method to adjust the width of multiple columns at once by selecting the columns instead of the rows.

Greetings,
Peter

Back