• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How do I get two pivot table column headers on same row?

JohnF123

I have a pivot table that uses custom subtotals to generate YTD and Average to Date columns. The problem is that those column headers are on a different row from the Dates column headers and I'd like to know if there is a way to combine the column headers into one row?
I'm attaching a sample workbook which further illustrates what I'm trying to accomplish.

As always your help is greatly appreciated

John

Attachments

• How do I combine two Pivot Table column headers to one row.xlsx
    110.3 KB · Views: 11
Hi John. You can't do this without some faking. Your only option is probably to snap four individual rectangle shapes to the grid in cells E9:E10 & J9:J10, make them the same color as your Pivot, and manually write in them the headings you want.

Here's an example. I made the shape transparent, and made the text in the shape reference the cell above, so it's completely dynamic. Then I hid the extra row.
1-10-2015 9-04-06 a-m-.gif

Attachments

• How do I combine two Pivot Table column headers to one row.xlsx
    111.5 KB · Views: 10
Thanks, but unfortunately when I select additional months and the pivot table expands the shape does not move when the table expands

Ah yes, forgot about that. You could address that with some code fairly easily. But if this is just to get around a minor irritation then it's probably not worth it.

Back