• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How do i get data storewise from a Table

Dear Friends .. Please find attached file .. it is self explanatory once you open the file .. you can see data .. i wanted to get this data place wise

Attachments

• Temp File May 2019.xlsx
    22.8 KB · Views: 12
Lay-out is not ideal (merged cells, really? :))
I would attack this first with Power Query to have the data structured in a convenient way and then make a simple pivot.

Formula approach is possible. See attached.

Attachments

• Copy of Temp File May 2019.xlsx
    24 KB · Views: 10
Dear @amit dev thapa ,

See if is ok ?

Formula Base solution Using Indirect+Index + name Range

Regard
Rahul shewale

Attachments

• Get data From multile table using Indirect_Name_Range.xlsx
    24.1 KB · Views: 8
rahulshewale1, your formula in cell D27:
=INDEX(INDIRECT($C27),MATCH($D$24,$C$4:$C$22,0),MATCH(D$26,$D$5:$J$5,0))
refers to $D$24 (a blank cell) whereas I suspect it should refer to $D$25? The same applies to both columns of that results table?

Also the formulae in all the results tables refer to $D$24 whereas I think they should refer to their respective headers in $G$25, $J$25 and $M$25?

Dear @amit dev thapa ,

See if is ok ?

Formula Base solution Using Indirect+Index + name Range

Regard
Rahul shewale
Thanks Rahul it is working . ,since you have define the name for the store name in the same sheet it works perfectly , . but when you create a new file ..it does not work ,. if I dont use the indirect formulae can i use Index and match .. file attached

Attachments

• Data file May'19.xlsx
    16.9 KB · Views: 3
Try to use your original file in post #.01

In C27, formula copied across and down :

=IF(C$26="","",OFFSET($A$4,MATCH(LOOKUP("zz",$C$25:C$25),$B$5:$B$22,0),MATCH($B27,$C$4:$BM$4,0)+MATCH(C$26,$C$5:$I$5,0)))

Regards
Bosco

Attachments

• Temp File May 2019(BY).xlsx
    24.9 KB · Views: 6
Thanks Bosco .. it is working perfectly .. couple of query , when i use the same formula in one of the file , but in this file data was starting from A4 .. unlike my old file where data was from B4 , it is working but it is picking different data , hence i guess OFFSET formula is not required .. what can I use

Thanks Bosco .. it is working perfectly .. couple of query , when i use the same formula in one of the file , but in this file data was starting from A4 .. unlike my old file where data was from B4 , it is working but it is picking different data , hence i guess OFFSET formula is not required .. what can I use
Should you want to solve the problem, upload your file to the forum is required, then can clear the situation and solve your problem in accordingly.

Regards
Bosco

Ok Please find attached file
In respect of your revised layout table file, the formula only required a bit adjusting (as show in red), then in B27 formula copied across and down :

=IF(B$26="","",OFFSET($A$4,MATCH(LOOKUP("zz",$B$25:B$25),$A$5:$A$22,0),MATCH($A27,$B$4:$BL$4,0)+MATCH(B$26,$B$5:$H$5,0)-1))

Regards
Bosco

Attachments

• Temp File May 2019(BY1).xlsx
    25.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
In respect of your revised layout table, the formula only required a bit adjusting (as show in red), then in B27 formula copied across and down :

=IF(B$26="","",OFFSET($A$4,MATCH(LOOKUP("zz",$B$25:B$25),$A$5:$A$22,0),MATCH($A27,$B$4:$BL$4,0)+MATCH(B$26,$B$5:$H$5,0)-1))

Regards
Bosco

Thanks Bosco .. much appreciated .. when you are putting -1, is that for column number and one more thing.. what is "zz" for

Q1 : when you are putting -1, is that for column number ?

Ans. : Yes, it is only a mathematic calculation for the number of Column in the OFFSET function.

Q2 : what is "zz" for ?

Ans. : This part of formula: LOOKUP("zz",$B$25:B$25) is to extract the header in Row 25, because the headers are in merge cells and cells in C25, F25, I25 and L25 are blank cells or without data.

Here is the example to extract the merge cell header as per below picture.

In B27 enter formula, drag across and your will extract the header
=IF(B$26="","",LOOKUP("zz",$B$25:B$25))

And,

In B28 enter formula, drag across , your will got the row number for the OFFSET function.
=IF(B$26="","",MATCH(LOOKUP("zz",$B$25:B$25),$A$5:$A$22,0))

Regards
Bosco

Last edited:
Back