• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How can we visualise this data? Worth a try!

Mr.Karr

Hello,

As a company, AT&D receives 63k customer calls a day. Is it possible to project each call as a thin line pointing to the hour section of clock in excel ?

Please refer to the attached file.

Regards,
Kar

Attachments

• sample file.xlsx
    10.4 KB · Views: 13
How should the line relate to the Calls ? or Do you want to just to show the time and the number of calls

ie:
upload_2016-7-14_14-41-55.png

@Hui, I would like to show lines directly proportional to the total number of calls and point to the time. The plan is to show the visualization via the thickness of the lines and vice versa. Will that be possible ?

I don't think the variability in Calls will show up effectively using line thickness as an Hour Hand

How about:
upload_2016-7-14_16-11-46.png
where the current hours changes color as shown above

Mr Karr would a radar chart work for you?
It might look a bit busy but it gives you, kind of, a combination of your example and Hui's.

???

@p45cal, can we transform lines into radar or thick light like projection between hours ? As the requirement is to show calls between 6AM to 7AM for example. That means the total number of calls have to point middle segement, between the hours.
Just checking with you, probably there should be a way

See attached - only a one minute job I'm sure you can make it prettier.

Attachments

• sample file Mr Karr.xlsx
    13.7 KB · Views: 11
@p45cal, this is excellent. One quick question, if I want to adjust time label as below, what should I do? please advise
8AM-9AM

9AM-10AM

10AM-11AM

11AM-12PM

12PM-1PM

1PM-2PM

2PM-3PM

3PM-4PM

4PM-5PM

5PM-6PM

@p45cal, this is excellent. One quick question, if I want to adjust time label as below, what should I do? please advise
8AM-9AM

9AM-10AM
You can, and I have done so in the attached on Sheet2.
It requires a change in the macro and in order to get 12 o'clock at the top your data has to start with that time at the top. Then whatever you put in column A get's used as labels.

But why would you? It's plain obvious that the data, being plotted on a clock face relates to those times.

Also note that these representations grossly exaggerate the differences in call numbers, more so if the hub size is large, and the width is greater than 2 (with larger widths making this impression worse). This is because people will see the areas on the chart rather than the distance from the center as representing call numbers.

Attachments

• Chandoo30349sample file.xlsm
    31.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back