• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Highlight rows when there is a whole number in the first column AND change color based on value in a cell

I've been wrestling with this and need some help. I am responsible for writing detailed procedures for users.
I've uploaded a sample worksheet that has three tables. The first tables shows the issue I'm having. The next two tables show the results I want.
Notice there are whole numbers in columns D & E. You can see the issue I'm having because they are being highlighted regardless of the number is Column A
I first tried to tackle highlighting rows when column A has a whole number.
The conditional formatting formula I have is: =IF(LEN(A3),MOD(A3,1)=0,"")
Once this works, I would also like to add to the formula, so the color of the row highlighting changes based on the first three letters in cell C1, i.e., "MSO" = green, "ASO" = orange. When entering orders in our system, we must be sure we are in the correct plant from the start. Color coding will help remind the user to start in the correct plant.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Sample_Conditional Formatting Rows Start with Whole Number.xlsx
    26 KB · Views: 7
You do not need the IF function in CF, it is implicit ( and also the fact that it makes formulas array functions which is not needed here)
Apply =AND(LEFT($C$1,3)="MSO",MOD($A3,1)=0) to your table and format as required
The same for "ASO"

Attachments

• Sample_Conditional Formatting Rows Start with Whole Number(1).xlsx
    25.9 KB · Views: 7
Back