• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Hiding rows using a drop down menu using vba

Paulrh78

Hi,

I would like to hide specific rows based on a drop down menu so I can create a dashboard that has various elements on it for a series of locations, I have tried many sites and used much code without any success. The code needs to be in the worksheet so that no macro button is required.

Regards
Paul

The formatting has been corrupted when I downloaded to my Mac (no surprise), anyway there is a slicer at the top of sheet linked to a pivot in cell W4, as far as I am aware you can not link a macro to this cell and have to use a dropdown list as in cell U4; anyway what i am trying to do is from rows 27 to 116 select the rows that apply to the slicer when selected, for example if I press Angmering it changes all my cells in rows 11 to 24 and I would like to also only show the rows from 27 to 116 that are applicable to Angmering and apply the same logic to all locations in my Slicer.

Regards
Paul

Attachments

• Chandoo Extract Hide Rows.xlsm
    418.1 KB · Views: 6
Hi,

Think I have worked it out for myself; thanks for your help.

Regards

Paul

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Range("S8").Value = "Angmering" Then
        Rows("26:116").EntireRow.Hidden = False
        Rows("29:116").EntireRow.Hidden = True
    ElseIf Range("S8").Value = "Bexhill-on-Sea" Then
        Rows("26:116").EntireRow.Hidden = False
        Rows("27:28").EntireRow.Hidden = True
        Rows("31:116").EntireRow.Hidden = True

Last edited by a moderator:
Back