• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help with Vacation Accrual/Balance

DaelasKai

I have created a simple Excel spreadsheet in a Table format that I can use to track and help plan vacation time earned vs spent, which I have attached for reference.
I'm new to Excel and after a lot of Google searching to get as far as I am, I realize I need further help. What I would like to do is calculate from my Hire date how much vacation I have earned and what has rolled over after my hire date, but without going over the Maximum Cap, and continuing to deduct as I add more entries. I have future vacation plans highlighted so I can visually see and plan time off.

I want to make this as versatile as possible so I can use it in as many jobs as I get. Has someone done this before that can assist with my personal project?

Attachments

• Vacation Balance Version 1.xlsx
    11.7 KB · Views: 5
I've updated my spreadsheet and it correctly calculates the running balance, but I don't know how to figure out how to cap the accrual at 20 hours and continue deducting the used/planned vacation from that point. I also don't know how to automatically add in my work anniversary new vacation days. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Vacation Balance Version 1.3.xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 3
I was able to figure out how to properly do the vacation cap (See attached), but I would like to find a better way to automatically add in the annual vacation accrual value (10 days) while still accounting for the vacation cap. Please advise.

Attachments

• Vacation Balance Reduced.xlsx
    12.7 KB · Views: 4
Back