• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help with using excel vba to powerpoint

sapan97

Hi there,

I hope you're all well and safe

I'm a beginner at using Excel vba, but I got lost during some tasks, what I want and couldn't do is:

Is check for the first row in excel for example and see how many values I have and based on that, I want to loop through the slides and create shapes based on the number of values of the row from excel, 3 values first row then three shapes, 5 values then 5 shapes will be created or look for a slide that has 5 shapes (If a slide is already defined and has 5 shapes) and write there.

so slide 1 has 3 shapes based on 3 values, and slide 2 had 5 shapes based on 5 values and so on..( Examples in the picture)

I already can print all the values, but what I want is be able to print the shapes based on the number of values, so if I have 3 values then 3 shapes will be used, 6 values 6 shapes and like that. Let's assume that a slide has 4 shapes and I had 5 values or 3 or whatever, if it doesn't match, it will look for another slide that has the same amount of shapes as values.

Please check the pics.

My code:

Code:
 Dim oPPTApp As PowerPoint.Application
 Dim oPPTPres As PowerPoint.Presentation
 Dim oPPTShape As PowerPoint.Shape
 Dim oPPTSlide As PowerPoint.Slide

Sub wrtite_service()

Dim a, b, c, d, e, f, g As String

Set oPPTApp = CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application")
 oPPTApp.Visible = msoTrue

Set oPPTPres = oPPTApp.Presentations.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\aaaa.pptx")
Count = 1

For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange

If Count > 0 Then

Cells.Find(What:="A", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
                 a = ActiveCell.Offset(Count, 0).Value

Cells.Find(What:="B", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
                 b = ActiveCell.Offset(Count, 0).Value

Cells.Find(What:="C", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
                 c = ActiveCell.Offset(Count, 0).Value

Cells.Find(What:="D", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
                 d = ActiveCell.Offset(Count, 0).Value

Cells.Find(What:="E", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
                 e = ActiveCell.Offset(Count, 0).Value

Cells.Find(What:="F", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
                 f = ActiveCell.Offset(Count, 0).Value

Cells.Find(What:="G", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
                 g = ActiveCell.Offset(Count, 0).Value

Set oPPTShape = oPPTPres.Slides(Count).Shapes("a")

With oPPTShape.TextFrame.TextRange
    .Text = a

End With

Set oPPTShape = oPPTPres.Slides(Count).Shapes("b")

.Text = b

End With

Set oPPTShape = oPPTPres.Slides(Count).Shapes("c")

.Text = c

End With

Set oPPTShape = oPPTPres.Slides(Count).Shapes("d")

.Text = d

End With

Set oPPTShape = oPPTPres.Slides(Count).Shapes("e")

.Text = e

End With

Set oPPTShape = oPPTPres.Slides(Count).Shapes("f")

.Text = f

End With

Set oPPTShape = oPPTPres.Slides(Count).Shapes("g")

.Text = g

End With

Count = Count + 1
 End If

Next cell

End Sub

Attachments

• c5Lqa.png
    c5Lqa.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 4
  • BpEeY.png