• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help with Pivot Table Formula based on subtotals and totals

lisa6538

I need to add a calculation to my pivot table that takes the subtotal of the dept hrs/employee total hrs and * 86.67 hrs. I am not sure how to do calculations in a pivot table based on subtotals and totals.

For example:
10-Employee Hrs Calc
Dept 1
2/21 4 (Tlt Dept1/Ttl 10-Employee)*86.67
2/22 8 (Tlt Dept1/Ttl 10-Employee)*86.67
Ttl Dept 1 12 (Tlt Dept1/Ttl 10-Employee)*86.67
Dept 2
2/21 4 (Tlt Dept2/Ttl 10-Employee)*86.67
2/23 8 (Tlt Dept1/Ttl 10-Employee)*86.67
Ttl Dept 2 12 (Tlt Dept1/Ttl 10-Employee)*86.67
Ttl 10-Employee 24

I've attached a sample file

Attachments

• Copy of DetailedHours-PayrollExport-NoCustom_1582751930408.xlsx
    25 KB · Views: 9
Here's a screen shot of what I'm trying to accomplish - see calculation column. I want this embedded in the pivot table.

2020-02-26_17-12-42.jpg

You can "easily" accomplish this through a Power Pivot (data model) and a set of DAX measures.
Question is however if you are up to it and if your excel version has it on board. What is your excel version? 2010 or above will do.
I don't have time left this morning, but I can give a go later.

@rahulshewale1 I do have Power Pivot, I also have Kutools. I would love more information how you created the calculation within the Pivot Table. The workbook you attached is exactly what I was looking for.

Hi @lisa6538 ,

Please follow below step to achieve result.

1. Load the data into table ( Ctrl + T )
2. Go to Power Pivot Ribbon >Click Add Data Model
3. Type Formula in Messure grid >> Total Hours:=SUM(Data[Hours])
Calculation:=DIVIDE([Total Hours],CALCULATE([Total Hours],ALL(Data),VALUES(Data[Employee Id])),BLANK())*86.67
4. Pivot table Option > Choose Pivot Location > OK > Drag Field > Formula in Value Area

Regard
Rahul Shewale

There is a way to do it in a standard Pivot table by adding a column to the source data (Table1).
In the attached I've added such a column (I kept the default name Excel gave it but you can of course change it) then refresh your pivot table and add the new field to the values area.

The formula for the new column in the source data is:
=86.67*[@Hours]/SUMIF([Employee Id],[@[Employee Id]],[Hours])

Attachments

• Chandoo43734DetailedHours-PayrollExport-NoCustom_1582751930408.xlsx
    26.8 KB · Views: 3
Back