• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help with Explanation

Wskip9449

I'm trying to under stand this VBA. It works on one sheet but not the other. I thought it was sort of genairic.

Code:
=IF(INDIRECT(MID(CELL("filename",A3),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A3))+1,255)&"[@Date]")="","","Drone Service")

Wskip9449
Are You sure that Your that 'VBA' is correct? ... or
is it correct formula at all? =If(logical_test,[value_if_true],[value_if_false])

I's sorry, it's not a VBA, it is the correct formula. It works on my Oct_21 sheet but not on my Feb_21 sheet.

Wskip9449
What kind of values is in column Date?
... =INDIRECT(ref_text) need valid ref_text!
If Your ref_txt has eg !D9 then it could work.
... as well as that file have to be saved.

Wskip9449
Your formula has refer to [@Date] ... of course, its original value could be ... anywhere.
Have You tried to solve Your formulas INDIRECT-value?
... as I tried to give a hint with my #4 reply.

Attach a little workbook with a few sheets and explain what you're trying to do.

Wskip9449
Your formula has refer to [@Date] ... of course, its original value could be ... anywhere.
Have You tried to solve Your formulas INDIRECT-value?
... as I tried to give a hint with my #4 reply.
Sorry I’m not getting this haven’t worked with Excel in 9 years. a little rust.

Hi,

This part of your formula : =MID(CELL("filename",A3),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A3))+1,255)

Return current Sheet name

Thus, your formula :

=IF(INDIRECT(MID(CELL("filename",A3),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A3))+1,255)&"[@Date]")="","","Drone Service")

Is equal to >>

=IF([@Date]="","","Drone Service")

Then,

What you're trying to do ?

You're going to explain that a little more clearly by attach a small example attachment together with the expected result.

Regards

Last edited:
Back