• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help with data visualization/Pivoting?

xxtino

Hey All, hope everyone had Merry Christmas!

I am in little bit of dilemma. I kind of know what I want but not sure how to get there. I have list of employees with hours for every weeks and they are coming from two different systems. So, I have set-up two tabs for it, one of them I called "budgeted_Hrs" and other one I am calling it "Actual_Hrs". As I mentioned before I have same employees in both tabs and same weeks as well. In a perfect world the hours for every employee for each week should line up but for whatever internal reason if there is Delta (and there is always in some cases) that this pivot (or whatever I create here) should help the project admin track those changes and take necessary action to ensure that hour lines up and will line up in near future.

So, I have created table for both tabs and not sure if this should be combined into one table/tab or not.

I would like simple organized data (doesn't matter pivot or table or any other excel product/format)that will let me input the data and let user view whatever they like. I was thinking pivot table and started this whole task but feel like I am lost not sure where to go...any help would be greatly appreciated it. Thanks

(wish you all happy and prosperous 2018! God bless you!)

Thanks, vletm. This is not exactly what I had in mind. The VB code is kind hard coded but I wanted have little bit flexibility with data to maneuver (slice and dice it...)and that is why I was going little bit toward Pivot Table. I like one of this post where "chirayu" had done some stuff...like adding new column and adding new attributes...I am not sure if I should another column and call it something like "Type" and I can say it "Budgeted" or "Actuals" and that will totally switch the lay out...so instead of columns all the weeks, it would become rows. And this means that I would have to repeat employee name each time I have new entry...here is the post by "chirayu" which I really love it...

https://chandoo.org/forum/threads/need-a-dashboard.36686/

Thanks, again for the quick response!

You should write same as 'what do You have in Your mind' - ex dashboard.
I just tried to make a sample from 'what did You write' - okay.

Back