• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help : Scatter Charts - Position of data labels

anishms

Hi,
Can somebody please help with the best way to show the data labels in respective colors of risk rating.
Also how to show the data labels in case of over lapping.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• RA.xlsx
    30.4 KB · Views: 6
anishms
What would be the best way? ... hmm?
This is anyway one possible way to control those data labels
... including take care about overlapping.
Note: I did 'minor' modifications

Attachments

• RA.xlsb
    38.1 KB · Views: 2
anishms
What would be the best way? ... hmm?
This is anyway one possible way to control those data labels
... including take care about overlapping.
Note: I did 'minor' modifications
Thanks a lot vletm
My Likelihood Score and Impact Score in the dashboard is an average of the sub process in each function and that could be a fractional number.
Lets say in Finance, there are 11 sub process with likelihood and impact score for each sub process and
here in the dash board the likelihood and impact score will be the average of these 11 sub process,
In case if the average is coming 3.25 likelihood and 3 impact, that will show as High but the label is coming in yellow background.

anishms
So? Do You refer to You file or mine? ... maybe Yours?
Modify values (some the smallest as well as the highest) to those two columns which could use to this file and upload it back.

Attachments

• RA.xlsb
    38.2 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for your response vletm and sorry for the delayed reply from my side
I referred your file
I was unable to upload the complete file previously due to large file size and I have attached it now after compressing for your reference and advice
I also wonder why the file size is 3.17 MB in .xlsb format. may be due to the power query connections.

Attachments

• RA.rar
    430.1 KB · Views: 2
If you still have #NAME? error in the above file. I'm not sure, may be due to power query / new DA formula compatibility issues in mac.
In that case please refer the attached file (your file) with values copy pasted from my file
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• RA (1).xlsb
    37.3 KB · Views: 2
anishms
I skip those power query as well as other 'new DA...s'.
I could open Your #10-file.
You still skipped Your comments ..
You asked to help ... where did You write ... what?
My comments:
'Impact Score'-scale should be 0-5 as well as that other.
You haven't written needed scales.
I made some modifications with calculations, because values aren't whole numbers.
The chart will refresh after as I've written, it could do other way too.

Attachments

• RA (1).xlsb
    36.7 KB · Views: 4
Thanks vletm
The help required is to plot the data labels in respective colors of risk rating without over lapping.
The scale is 1 to 5 for both Likelihood Score and Impact Score. And it won't be a whole number here because it is an average calculated from different sheets.
This is how it is coming now for me

anishms
1) plot the data labels in respective colors - solved
2) without over lapping - solved as possible ... large chart helps it and if use #-numbers
3) if scale is from 1 to 5 then You should do something ... check below
- Your background picture starts from zero --- I marked Your possible used range (left and bottom ranges should be delete)
- I modify #18 value to 1/1 ... now left-bottom corner ... 'low' can be seen with two 'lines'!
- if case 5/5 - then that #-number will be top-right corner ... okay
BUT as You know --- if there is no 'white' range around 'possible used range' then there will be more tight with near outside values!
... and many times those #-values would be in very small area.
4) Your or any basic 'normal' versio ... if there are eg five times values 3/4
... then those would show as overlapped 5 --- mine with one label eg 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 09.12.16.png

anishms
Have You focus with that background color?
It should be something else ...
there could be only one color if scales are 1-5 ...
I tried to show that with below snapshot again.
Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 06.57.01.png
Then output could be like below, with low & high ranges too:
Screenshot 2020-12-19 at 16.13.00.png

Last edited:
Hi vletm
Below is the heatmap
I have rounddown the X and Y values in your code to have the matching risk rating in column G to be in line with the chart colors
chk_ef = Application.WorksheetFunction.RoundDown(chk_e, 0) * Application.WorksheetFunction.RoundDown(chk_f, 0)
I hope it is fine now
Thanks for your support

Attachments

• RA.xlsb
    37.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
anishms
Hope ... yeah ...
Rounding ... then colors could be different than positions! ... as You could see?
The heatmap ... seems that You have changed scales but let something ... as You could see?
=> my version

Attachments

• RA.xlsb
    47.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi Vletm,
Happy New Year!
I have made some changes in the codes in the risk rating in column G due to change in the calculation
Request your help in the following
Could you please check and suggest is it fine have have so many If statements
It looks like data labels are over lapping due to my likelihood score and impact scores are very close after the actual risk assessment
Can you help to map the bg color as data label font color (Green, Orange and Red)
Exclude numbers if either likelihood score or impact score is blank. (blanks are due to functions are pending for risk assessment)

Attachments

• RA Veltm.xlsb
    41.8 KB · Views: 4
Why did You something like that?
I made some changes in the code due to the change in risk rating calculation. Earlier it was based on the composite score (chk_ef = chk_e * chk_f). But if I take composite score, 9 is coming in both Moderate and High as highlighted below. Hence, I need it to be based on the X and Y axis position in the heat map.

Didn't my code work?
Your code is working perfectly. I can do only minor changes as I'm completely a newbie to VBA.
I thought of making the changes wherever I can and ask your help otherwise you will fire me for the change request.

Request your help in the following

1) Below is the change required in calculation
Do nothing if chk_e = "" Or chk_f = 0
Low
chk_e <= 1.5 And chk_f <= 2.5
chk_e <= 2.5 And chk_f <= 1.5
Moderate
chk_e <= 1.5 And chk_f <= 5.5
chk_e <= 2.5 And chk_f <= 4.5
chk_e <= 3.5 And chk_f <= 3.5
chk_e <= 4.5 And chk_f <= 2.5
chk_e <= 5.5 And chk_f <= 1.5
Else High

2) It looks like data labels are over lapping due to my likelihood score and impact scores are very close after the actual risk assessment.
3) Can you help to map the bg color as data label font color (Green, Orange and Red).
4) Exclude numbers if either likelihood score or impact score is blank. (blanks are due to functions are pending for risk assessment).

anishms
Why did You something like that?
Is Your heatmap now ... correct?
You've changed it already once!
Did You changed it again?

Didn't my code work?
You wrote Your code is working perfectly. ... but seems that it didn't ... which one?

Of course You can change that code as You want
... but should it work?

Here, some of Your ~"9" values with my files heatmap as You have wanted ... before 'some changes'
Screenshot 2021-01-01 at 11.09.11.png
I won't comment based ...
... some changes
... if I cannot know - what do would like to have for results now?
I need clear facts to continue.

The heatmap is final now. it is given in the sheet "Heat Map BG V2

Now it should be based on the X and Y axis position in the heat map accordingly the heatmap background i have changed
Can you help to map the bg color as data label font color (Green, Orange and Red).

Offer only wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back