• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help on excel formula - Yustino

Yustino

Remember to include cross-post links
Hello all
Greetings!
I have attached a workbook here containing sample data and clear explanation of what I need.
This is what I want to achieve:

I need an Excel formula/VBA Code that will do the following:
1: Concatenate the SUBJECT NAME in the average results with the DYANAMIC LETTER GRADE which will change automatically as average marks changes for each subject as per the criteria given in column AO and AP.. Refer to the combined results column in the attached workbook for the output I want; then:
2: If the student does not take any of the above subjects then it should not concatenate that particular subject with its marks, it should leave it blank and proceed to the next subject; refer to the second student in the attached sheet (check the combined result for the second students, that's the output I want).

I will highly appreciate for your help!

Attachments

• SAMPLE FILE FOR FORMULA HELP.xlsx
    15 KB · Views: 6
Yustino
Based Forum Rules
How to get the Best Results at Chandoo.org
  • Use Relevant words in the Title and in the tag Box, This will aid future searches.
Could You explain, how would the title you are using fits above?

The attached is an Excel 365 solution. As a general point for this forum, it might be worth stating the Excel version for which you require a solution. For me, there is very little in common between a 365 solution and a traditional solution.

Attachments

• SAMPLE FILE FOR FORMULA HELP.xlsx
    15.5 KB · Views: 5
The attached is an Excel 365 solution. As a general point for this forum, it might be worth stating the Excel version for which you require a solution. For me, there is very little in common between a 365 solution and a traditional solution.
Oooh thank you.
I would require a formula that will work for both versions from Office 2007

Oh well, that won't be me then :(.
I only moved to 365 because I found many of the assumptions and practices of traditional spreadsheets objectionable!

Yustino
You have already asked to notice Forum Rules (#2 reply)
and
You have skipped Cross-posting too.
Those Forum Rules are for You too.
Please, reread those as soon as possible and follow too.

Formula in cell AL3:
Code:
=TEXTJOIN(", ",TRUE,FILTER($AA$2:$AK$2,$AA3:$AK3<>"","none") & "-'" & FILTER(INDEX($AN$3:$AN$7,MATCH($AA3:$AK3,$AO$3:$AO$7,1)),$AA3:$AK3<>"","none") & "'")
Copy down.

Order of grades in column AN reversed. Column AP not needed for the formula.

I hope you have the FILTER and TEXTJOIN functions available to you.

Attachments

• Chandoo46223SAMPLE FILE FOR FORMULA HELP.xlsx
    14.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back