• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help in removing / updating vba macro password

BVC

Hello,

A friend of mine created a excel binary workbook with macros which are used by our company.

Unfortunately, he does not remember the password and has left the organisation.

I need to know if it is possible to remove / change the vba macro password. I tried using hex editor to change the DPB value to DPx but was not able to get the result

Any help will be appreciated as the lack of password is affecting my work.

Note:

The original file is in .xlb format and i was not able to upload it in the forum. I have uploaded it below

https://skydrive.live.com/?mkt=en-US#cid=AD165C9215C77259&id=AD165C9215C77259!105

Regards,
BVC1828

Hi BVC.
Can you elaborate on why it does not work? It's not at all what you're looking for, the HEX editor fails, ...?

Also, just to clarify, you said the extension was "xlb", but I'm presuming it's actually "xlsb"?

Hello Luke M,

Yes i meant, xlsb. Sorry for that.

Hello SirJB7,

Thank you for the links. I tried the procedure in the link, but still no success

Hi ,

I am not sure whether this is all , but when I opened the file using the link given later on in my post , this was the code in just one module :
Code:
Sub Button6_Click()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Worksheets("PivotAnalysis").Activate
    Worksheets("PivotAnalysis").PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotCache.Refresh
    Worksheets("PivotAnalysis").PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotCache.Refresh
    Worksheets("Escalation Analysis DATA").Activate
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="analysis8"
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Range("B3").AutoFilter
    ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=21
    Range("B3:Q37").Select
    ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Escalation Analysis DATA").Sort.SortFields.Clear
    ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Escalation Analysis DATA").Sort.SortFields.Add Key:= _
        Range("Q4:Q37"), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlDescending, DataOption _
        :=xlSortNormal
    With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Escalation Analysis DATA").Sort
        .SetRange Range("B3:Q37")
        .Header = xlYes
        .MatchCase = False
        .Orientation = xlTopToBottom
        .SortMethod = xlPinYin
        .Apply
    End With
    Range("B3").Select
    Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select
    Range("B3:B37").Select
    Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
    Selection.AutoFilter
    Range("Q3").Select
    ActiveSheet.Range("$B$3:$Q$38").AutoFilter Field:=16, Criteria1:="<>0", Operator:=xlFilterValues
    Range("B3").Select
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="analysis8"
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Narayan

Hello Narayan,

The thing is i need to change the password of the macro. The person who made the macro left the company, and i have to change the macro with additional information.

When i go to Developer>View Macro i am not able to Edit the macro. The Edit button is greyed out.

In the Visual Basic Editor, for the VBAproject ( KPI Analysis.Xlsb) when i try to view the VBAproject properties it is asking me a password. As i do not have a password i am unable to insert a module in the workbook.

The password "analysis8" is not the VBA password

Hi ,

I know all that you have posted ; that is the reason I copied the macro from the project and posted it. If you have the passwords for the worksheets , you can copy all the sheets to a new workbook and insert the macro I posted in my earlier post into the new file , and use that file instead of this.

Narayan

Hello

My problem is same like urs, and by the help of members u got the resolution can u please guide me as well for the resolution even i have a file which is password protected.

it will be a great help

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Syed

Hello

My problem is same like urs, and by the help of members u got the resolution can u please guide me as well for the resolution even i have a file which is password protected.

it will be a great help

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Syed
Hi Syed,
You should start a new thread when beginning your own question, rather than jumping onto an old one. Most people would ignore this thread as it appears (correctly) to have already been answered. In regard to your question, I'm not sure what you're asking. There are several solutions already presented in this thread. Have you tried them, and what were the results?

Back