• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help in Conditional Formatting Formula

Hi,

In the attached xl, I have seven columns with each column having 89 values.
I need to highlight those rows in range A2:G89 where the value in column "123" is less than the values in all the other six columns. I have come up with the below coonditional formatting formula , but still it doesn't work. Could you all kindly guide here

{=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A89<B2:B89)*--(A2:A89<C2:C89)*--(A2:A89<D2:D89)*--(A2:A89<E2:E89)*--(A2:A89<F2:F89)*--(A2:A89<G2:G89)*(A2:A89))>0}

Attachments

• Chandoo-Help.xlsx
    16.5 KB · Views: 8
Hello

I had a number of problems with this. The first was that the conditional format showed up as a text string and not a formula. The next issue was that there were no instances in which column 123 data was smaller than all others.

That aside, my formula for conditional formatting was
= MIN(Table1[@])=Table1[@123]

Because the conditional format dialogue box is not exactly a supportive environment for developing formulas, I first wrote candidate formulas on the worksheet and then took the best and turned it into a defined name 'highlight' using Name Manager. The conditional format formula is then
= highlight

If this is not the effect you wanted then by all means explain you requirement in further detail.

Attachments

• HighlightRows (PB).xlsx
    18 KB · Views: 6
Back