• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help fixing macro error

dwrowe001

Hi Everyone,
bad news, my laptop recently crashed and I lost everything on my laptop. So I lost my excel project I was working on. Luckily I remembered I had upload a very early version of it to this forum for some help... I had done a lot to it since then but it's better then nothing. Here is the link I am talking about:
https://chandoo.org/forum/threads/need-help-with-vba-code-for-generating-lotto-numbers.36024/
Anyway, I downloaded that arly version.. I was elated to find it, until I downloaded and tried to it out. When I click the Generate button on the Picks sheet I get a Run-Time Error Automation Error. I'm not very good with excel or Macros.. let alone trying to troubleshoot this type of error.

Any help is always appreciated.. Thank You in advance.
Dave

Attachments

• BUCFL2.xlsm
    981.7 KB · Views: 2
Hi ,

I tried out the file you uploaded , and I did not get any error.

See the attached file.

Narayan

Attachments

• Final_Data.xlsm
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 9
hmmm... ok, do you think the issue is with the version of Excel I'm now running.. I believe the original spreadsheet was created in Excel 2013, I'm now running Excel 2016.?

Hi ,

One of the references used is the Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library.

I have no idea whether Excel 2016 supports this.

Other than this , I cannot think of any other reason why you should get an error when you try to use the file.

Narayan

I continue to have a problem..... thinking it was Office 2016 which I had installed, I uninstalled it and installed office 2013... same issue.. I get this error
when I click the Generate button on the Picks sheet of the BUCFL2.xlsm file I attached in my original post:
upload_2018-2-23_2-45-31.png

can anyone help??
Thanks, Dave

Ok, got it fixed.. I downloaded and installed Net Framework 3.5 which resolved the problem. Thank you Narayank991 for your help with this.

Back