• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Having some trouble

Busymanjohn

Hi guys, This should be easy, but maybe I have been staring at the data too long and I am not seeing what I should be doing ... I have a large list of data, col A has country names, col B has codes, col C has order types, etc etc. In a separate sheet I would like to be able to input a country name in A1, an order type in A2 and have a formula in B2 that would return what is in col D of the raw data based on those two criteria ,,, now the issue is that the country names appear multiple times, about 12 times, in the raw data. Make sense?

Good day

I am sure that some one could come up with a formula/function/vba to do this. Me I would use a pivot table and "slice and dice"

Hi bobhc, a pivot table would be of little use, I have only given an example of what I need, there are multiple columns of data I need to return based on the 2 criteria, using a pivot table with this data would be as good as using a filter, besides, I want it to look "neat" ;-)

Hi ,

A simple MATCH will work ; can you clarify whether the combination of country name and order type is unique ? Or can a particular combination of these two occur multiple times ?

Narayan

Hi, I am going to test using Concantenate for the two variables, should work, but if not, I'll come back to you guys. Thanks.

Busymanjohn

If you want to return just the first match of your data from Column D

Use an Index/Match with a concatenated lookup value

If you want to return the Cumulative value from Column D which match your criteria use a Sumifs or Sumproduct style formula

I'm guessing the codes are unique for each country line item?

Also are the values in column D numbers or text?

Sample workbook would be great so we could solve this.

Back